Monday, October 20, 2008

Teaching English 101

So I've started teaching, and it is so fun. You know that feeling you used to get before the first day of school? That feeling of incontrollable excitement that kept you up all night. Your thoughts racing: who your friends were going to be, was your teacher going to be nice or mean, what to wear... Well that was me, last night, and all weekend. Last week I had two classes on my own, but today I feel like I really started.

I forgot how much I like lesson planning, and I get to color! All the time! This week, my students are learning all the vocabulary words that go along with Halloween. I'm reading them a really cute book with lots of sound effects. I've gotten the chance to return to 2nd grade, and I couldn't have been placed at a better age level.

I teach one more full day this week and then it is vacation time. Already?! I get about two weeks off after having just started. So far, this schedule is very manageable. So Kendra and I are going to Prague and Montpellier for about a week. Should be great, I'm sure I'll have some pictures to put up from the Czech Halloween party we're going to.

Adios!

3 comments:

MILUECK said...

Gigi-
It breaks my heart (in a good way) to read your blog. You are doing such a cool thing and doing it with every single bit of your tenderness and gusto.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

wow sweet Gigi sounds like fun except that I'm not there. don't not update your blog like that again (I got a little worried there.)

Genevieve Lueck said...

Thanks, Lueck men, for your support. From now on I'l try to post more regularly (Gabe...).