Sunday, October 26, 2008

Montpellier

I was born, bred, raised, programmed and otherwise created to be part of a family. Chaos is comfort. So, much to my happy surprise, I find myself staying with an Midwestern American family in the city where I first experienced France: Montpellier. The Mediterranean out our window every morning, and downtown a short bus ride away, our vacation is starting off wonderfully.

We went to church this morning. Kendra and I got into the Sunday School masks... We spent the afternoon lazing on the beach, dipping our feet in the water and chasing minnows. Family dinner was followed by doing the dishes assembly line style, while performing a Beatles rhapsody.

We all speak Frenglish together, which is amusing to no end. The two girls, ages 11 and 12, bickering and the dog, Moses Jones, barking nonstop, is all music to my ears. I appreciate having a mom and a dad and a bedtime to help my burn through my cold as we head to Prague in a few days. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I finally found you. Now there is no escape! I hope to either find you at our new doorstep on one of your many holidays (Kendra is more than welcome!) or you might find us dropping in to sample some of your hospitality - as we now have a Polish au pair to enable us to actually leave the house once in a while...

Your unc.

Genevieve Lueck said...

Uncle! I have a ticket to you for Christmas! I believe I leave the 20th of December, and fly to Stansted. Is your au pair for your son or your dogs? Glad you tracked me down.

Anonymous said...

whoa its like a little electronic family renuionion on gigis blog and what the shishkabob is an au one thing I like about it is it's a word with no concenents.