Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Idle Existence

Oh happy day!!

Back to work and back into rhythm.

I also received the Princess Bride in the mail, thanks Nadia.

The past couple of days have been spent figuring out how to get back on track after having been derailed by vacation. I was only just getting into the swing of things and then we had two glorious weeks off.

When I got back to Gueret, it was really bizarre. I felt like I was in the twilight zone for a few days. I didn't have any French administrative paperwork to fill out, nor did I have any days of work, but I wasn't on "vacation"

So what to do?

Twiddle thumbs, contemplate life, paint, cook, read poetry for hours, go for walks, plan lessons, clean house, listen to music...

I don't have to wait around for responsibility to eat up my time. As I don't have much, it would be a lot of waiting in vain.

Thanks to you all, I have so much support as I navigate the ins and outs of transplanting myself into a new culture. I know where my roots are.

No comments: