Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh Yeah!



Today, I went back to the seventh grade. I took a field trip with an association I volunteer teach for in Gueret. We took about 75 kids to a theme park called Futuroscope which is "based upon multimedia, cinematographic futorscope and audio-visual techniques. It has several 3D cinemas along with other attractions and shows, some of which are the only examples in the world." (Thanks Wikipedia).

The day started off pleasantly with the little turds making sex noises the entire 2.5 hour drive to Poitiers (the city where the park is located). Much to my surprise, none of the adults felt the desire to censor their lude conversations.

My group of seven 13 year old girls decided to fight over holding my hands and sitting next to me at every single show we went to. The boys, girl crazy and interested in 'practicing' their English with an American, followed closely behind us, pretending to hate us and not keeping their eyes off us the entire day. "My name is...!" "Hello!" "Xylophone!"

Xylophone?

What felt like 16 million Omnitheatre experiences later, I was back on the bus with my kids on our way home to Gueret. Something smelled and I told the girl next to me that I smelled cheese. She looked me like I was crazy and then said "Yeah, it smells like a really ripe Camembert or maybe a Reblochon." Oh French teenagers, I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe... "you mean, xenophobe"?
::the simpsons::