Thursday, December 11, 2008

I HEART MINNEAPOLIS, Oh and it snowed here.

This is the view from my apartment, it was snowing all day yesterday, but none of it stuck.

I really do heart MPLS.

I got all sorts of love in the mail today. A postcard from Pella, IA, a Christmas card from Oregon, and a big fat package from Britches! Complete with the sweatshirt I'm sporting in the picture, it also had a great picture of us in Florence, multilingual swearing playing cards, and anything else my heart could desire.

I'm feeling the pang in my heart as the holiday season approaches, as I realize that this is my first Christmas not spent at home. I couldn't ask for more love and wonderful people in my life to be encouraging me and loving me up from across the pond.

I felt like I was walking in a movie yesterday as Kendra and I strolled through my picturesque rural French town, dusted with snow and smelling of fireplaces and freshly made crepes on the street. I heart Gueret, too. 

No comments: